Monday, January 19, 2015

Adlyn at 4 Months Mini Album - DCWV

Hello! Today on the DCWV blog I am sharing a new mini album, my first one created with the Insta Photo Fun collection. As DCWV's video hostess, I filmed a great tutorial on bringing together Insta Photo Fun pieces with other DCWV lines. You'll have to take my word for it, though, because I had major technical difficulties. As in, I'm shopping for a new video camera :(. But hopefully these photos suffice and you can hold tight until after Addie's 1st birthday party - I'm planning a birthday mini album in the pink binder and I will be filming my process for that one!



I started with photos of Adlyn at 4 months, then pulled things to match - the yellow Insta Photo Fun binder, a hot pink bling sheet (I hand-cut that heart from the bling sheet), patterned vellum from Premium Paper Collection packs, glitter paper from a 6x6 Glitz stack and more patterned paper from the yellow Insta Photo Fun stack and the 6x6 Basics patterned paper stack.


My favorite part of this whole process was working with page protectors. You may have noticed, I don't do pocket scrapbooking. I've definitely toyed with the idea, but I'm still super happy with my traditional layouts and don't feel the need to try something else right now. Having said that, I loved working with these mini pocket pages! They made the mini album process fast and simple.


I used 4x4 and 2x2 photos and pieces of patterned paper. I loved working with the uniform sizes because it was fast and I didn't have to think too much. I also loved working in the vellum. The peek-a-boo effect was fun to play with.


I've got more photos of the album pages in my flickr photostream here. I hope you'll take a look, and if you haven't already, check your local JoAnn store or JoAnn.com for the Insta Photo Fun collection.

Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!