Friday, May 17, 2013

Buds - Epiphany Crafts

It's hexagon week on the Epiphany Crafts blog, and I have to say - I love working with this shape! When hexagons first got trendy, I think I got hexagon-overload. However, now that all the fuss has calmed down a bit, I am really enjoying adding a hexagon here and there, where they really belong. The new hexagon tool by Epiphany Crafts is definitely inspiring me.


This layout is about my son and his good friend. If every one had a friend, or could be a friend, like this boy, the world would be such a happy place. I'm really glad Colten has this kid in his life :).


I'm finding that more and more, the hexagon tool is a shape I reach for when designing decidedly masculine layouts. I love the angles and filling the bubble caps with graphic designs.



I used the April Scrapbook Circle kit to create this page. Yes, I'm a bit behind when it comes to using up my kits ;). I went with a kraft/gray/black color palette. It was fun to take a break from bright color!


Oh my goodness, and I'm just realizing...hahaha! It looks like the "swell" speech bubble is coming from the dog die-cut's derriere. Oh dear. I did have that speech bubble up higher, like it was coming from Colten's friend, but I dropped it when I was adding it to the page. I couldn't adjust it because I used liquid glue that would smear all over the vellum I backed the wood chips with. Ha! On a technique note, backing the wood chip with vellum helped it pop off of my page more, without losing the pattern behind it. I ran the wood chips through my Xyron sticker maker (they barely fit, but it worked!), then attached them to a sheet of vellum. I trimmed the pieces out and used liquid glue behind the wood sections to attach them to my page.

You can see my post at the Epiphany Crafts blog here. While you're there, enter to win your own hexagon tool and accessories!

I've got a busy, long weekend ahead of me. When everyone else is cheering for the work week to be over, I'm gearing up to go to work. It's our last competition of the season - rehearsals today, compete tomorrow. Wish us luck! Tessa

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!