Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wrap it Up Wednesday - Gift for the Hubby



Hello and welcome to Wrap it Up Wednesday! I love a pretty present. Ask my family and friends - I sometimes ooh and ahh over the gift wrap more than the gift itself! My problem is that I am not very good at wrapping gifts. Time and time again I have resorted to tissue paper in a bag with a pretty tag or flower embellishment. While that is all well and good, sometimes a bag just isn't quite the right approach. So I challenged myself to wrap several recent gifts and I have lined up those projects to share with you every Wednesday this month.



First up, my hubby's Valentine's Day gift - a framed print that I found here. I wrapped the frame in kraft wrapping paper. I worked with two different kinds of kraft paper for this series. I bought some at a dollar store and found it to be the easiest to work with because it was thinner. I also liked the texture. However, if you are looking for durability, the Scotch brand kraft paper that I picked up at my local JoAnn store was thick, and it was also more smooth.


I wrapped the gift in an ombre orange-red yarn. I went with this color palette because I didn't want it to be too frilly for my manly husband, but still romantic. I tied a simple bow, then tucked an arrow behind it. I made the arrow out of a stick from our backyard. I simply cut the triangle and chevrons from patterned paper (DCWV - Coral Couture Stack), then hot glued them to the stick. I thought an arrow was a great fit for my husband - not a fancy bow or flower.



To finish it off, I splattered a bit of mist in coral, white and gray across the package. Instead of a tag, I used alpha stamps to stamp directly onto the wrapping paper.



My husband loved it :). You'll see over the next few weeks that I love my kraft wrapping paper, and I turn to yarn often. I'll be showing you a couple of gift topper options, as well as other ways to dress up plain paper. I hope you'll stop by for more! Have a great day! Tessa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!