Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Feeling lucky? - SRM Stickers

I am this year! I haven't always done a lot of crafting for St. Patrick's Day, but this year, I've got several projects to share. First up, these SRM tubes that I made for my boys:



I was in the checkout line at JoAnn's when I looked over at those bins they fill with seasonal things and little kid craft supplies. I saw a package of glittered leprechaun hats and instantly thought, "Those would look great on top of tubes!"


The day finally came when I was putting them together. It was after school one afternoon, before cub scouts. We bring home an extra cub scout with us to help get him to our den meetings. While the boys were working on their homework, I was working on these tubes. I was staring at the tubes with the hats on, thinking that they needed something else, when this precocious cub scout says, "You know what you should do? Add beards!" Genius! He also suggested googly eyes and pipe cleaner arms, but I didn't go quite that far :).


I cut the beards on my Silhouette Cameo, then added the "Lucky" sentiments from SRM's quick cards sticker sets. A little green bling and mint M&M's finished them off. Now my boys can't wait for St. Patrick's Day.


You can read the post about these tubes over at the SRM Stickers blog today. Have a great Tuesday! Tessa


2 comments:

  1. These are just too cute, love the little beards, the cub scout had a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!