Monday, September 10, 2012

Tahoe, Golden Birthday Winner


Did you see this one on Facebook? I love this picture from our Tahoe Anniversary Trip! This is me breakdancing on the mountain above Emerald Bay :).

Here's a little rundown of the rest of the weekend: 


♥ We ran into Josh's grandpa on our way up the hill. He called because he was having truck trouble and Josh is a truck mechanic. We just so happened to be nearly passing each other on 80, so we pulled off the freeway and were able to help him out. I love those seemingly chance meetings :).

♥ We stayed at the Cal-Neva. This place has a storied history - think speak-easy, Sinatra and the mob. Part of the hotel is in California and the other part is in Nevada. We crossed state lines many, many times that weekend :).


♥ We relaxed at the beach.


♥ We went out to dinner at a great Mexican place called Caliente. Great food, really good service.

♥ We drove to Reno for a movie. Yes, Josh wanted to see the new Bourne flick that badly. (Reno is quite a drive from Tahoe.)


♥ We hiked an old fire lookout trail near our hotel. The view was incredible!

♥ We went to the hotel spa for massages. It was soooo nice!

♥ We rented a tandem kayak and paddled Lake Tahoe for a couple of hours. It was really fun, but I was sore for a few days :).


♥ We hiked to Eagle Falls and Eagle Lake near Emerald Bay, south shore. This was my favorite part of the whole weekend:

♥ We endured terrible traffic on our way home (as expected), as well as a short-cut dirt road that felt more like four-wheeling (thanks, Josh). No photo for that one. I was holding onto the arm rests too tightly to bust out the camera ;).

♥ All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. We need to do that much more often, hun :).


My golden birthday was the day before this trip, which means I owe you readers a winner! I've got a box filled with 31 of my favorite scrapbooking things ready to send out to someone who played along with my giveaway, and that person is...


Megan, please email me with your address so that I can ship this box off to you :). Thank you all for the birthday wishes and your support. I felt really special and definitely enjoyed my day.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good one :). Tessa

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a WONDERFUL trip and birthday, and congrats to Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an amazing Golden Birthday Tessa!! And coincidentally, my golden birthday is this coming Wednesday so THANK YOU for choosing me as the winner - I'll consider it "Golden Birthday Kismet!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic time! Can't wait to see how you scrap the breakdancing photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fab time - its important to get away sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!