Monday, May 16, 2011

Monkeys and Bling

You may recall that a few weeks ago my little man turned two.  We had a monkey-themed birthday party for him:


For favors, I made a jungle of tubes and wands by SRM Stickers.  A little leftover greenery from a floral design project, rosettes with monkey faces, and chocolates that looked trunk-like made these favors a hit :).


The tubes stood by themselves perfectly, but because my wands were a little top heavy, I displayed them in large, glass vases.



A few years ago I won this party kit from Martha Stewart, but the monkey theme was a little too young for my boys at the time.  So I saved it and luckily remembered that I had it when I started preparing for Jaxon's party.  We call him monkey all the time, so it was very fitting :).



You can check out this party on the SRM Stickers blog today, and if you scroll down to Friday's post, you will also see the magic wand I made one of my soloists right before her first competition this year.  The colors match her costume perfectly :).


My favorite part was the bling wrapped around the wand.  I used three or four strips of rhinestones, just lining them up end to end and trying to wrap the wand as evenly as possible.  I loved the effect :).


I have several more of these wands and tubes to share with you soon - they are so fun to play with!  Favors, little gifts, containers, thank yous....  If you don't have a retailer near you that sells SRM products, you should check out their website and pick some up :).  Have a wonderful day everyone! Tessa

5 comments:

  1. What a fun party! Love how you used those tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create the most wonderful birthday decorations! What a precious monkey party...I am sure your little guy loved it. I actually used the same Martha Stewart kit for my son's 1st birthday....I loved that kit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!